Holiday Crunch Salad
Holiday Crunch Salad – with Quinoa, Pomegranate Seeds, avocado, parsley and toasted Almonds…a festive and healthy, vegan, gluten -free salad to add to your holiday table!
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 ⅓ -1 ½ cups dry- see notes)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- ½ orange- zest and juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1–2 chopped avocados ( optional)
- Place cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds, scallions, parsley and almonds in a medium bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, orange juice and zest, salt and spices.
- Taste and adjust salt. Gently fold in the avocado right before serving ( or serve the avocado on the side, if wanting to keep leftovers)
Make sure to rinse quinoa well before cooking to remove bitterness.
Keywords: quinoa salad, pomegranate salad, holiday salad, christmas salad, vegan salad with quinoa, vegan salad, quinoa salad with pomegranate, salads with pomegranate