Three Herbal Tea Recipes you can make at home for sleep, brain function and liver support. Easy and adaptable, these herbal tea blends are nutritive and soothing and make great gifts.
- 1 cup peppermint
- 1/2 cup tulsi
- 1/2 cup gota kola
- 1/2 cup Ginko Biloba
- 1/4 cup dried rosemary
Optional addition: 1/2 cup Brahmi, 1 teaspoon stevia (for sweetness)
Calm and Sleepy
- 1 cup lemon balm
- ½ cup passionflower
- ½ cup skullcap
- 1/2 cup chamomile
- ¼ cup spearmint
optional additions: 1/4 cup valerian root, 1 tablespoon lavender, 1 tablespoon rose petals or buds, 1/2 cup oat straw, 1 teaspoon stevia (for sweetness)
- 1 cup roasted dandelion root
- 1/4 cup roasted chicory root
- 1/4 cup Schisandra berries
- 2 tablespoons ginger chips
- 1 tablespoon licorice root
optional additions: 1/4 cup milk thistle, 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- Mix dried herbs (not powdered) together in a bowl.
- Store in sealed containers.
- Use 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon per cup of hot water.
- Steep covered at least 5 minutes and up to 20.
*The Happy Liver blend simmer 10-15 minutes for maximum nutrient extraction.
Teas will keep up to 6 months in a sealed container.
Keywords: herbal tea, herbal tea recipes, herbal tea blends, homemade tea, homemade herbal tea