Healthy Moroccan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes w/ Ras El Hanout, chickpeas, apples, onion, garlic & cilantro is vegan, or drizzle with delicious smoked yogurt. | www.feastingathome.com @feastingathome
- 2–3 medium yams- cut in half length wise, skin on
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ an onion – diced
- ½ an apple – diced
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed or sub ½ lb chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Ras el Hanout spice blend
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
“smoked” yogurt drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place yams, cut side down on parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- While yams are roasting make filling. Saute onion and apple in olive oil, in a large skillet, over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. turn heat to medium. Add garlic. Saute 4 more minutes then add chick peas and spices, salt and pepper. Continue cooking a few more minutes. Stir in maple syrup. At this point, it may seem a little spicy, but when stuffed into the sweet potato, the flavors will mellow a bit. Stir in half of the cilantro. Turn heat off.
- When yams are tender, flip them right side up, and slit the middle gently with a knife and divide the filling, spooning it over the yams. Place back in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and scallions and a drizzle of “smoked” yogurt.
- To make the “smoked yogurt” mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Place in a squirty bottle and keep in the fridge.
- Calories: 435
Keywords: stuffed sweet potatoes, moroccan sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes vegan, sweet potato recipes, vegan sweet potato recipes