Grilled Veggies may be the quintessential summer side dish. Here is a simple basic method for grilling veggies on the BBQ. Smoky and carmelized they are delicious as is or ready for most any sauce.
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 4 pieces per pepper
- 1 onion, sliced in 1/2″ rounds
- 1 eggplant, slice in rounds or in wedges
- 2 zucchini squash, cut in thick slices about 1/2” thick
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 8 crimmini mushrooms, de-stemmed
- 1/2 head cauliflower, 2 or 3– 3/4” steaks sliced from the middle
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- Prep all your veggies, slicing and oiling.
- Heat up the grill with the lid closed, on the hottest setting. About 10 minutes.
- Place veggies on the hot grill with metal tongs, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Turn the burners down just a little. Still going for a high heat. Close the lid for about 4 minutes.
- Flip veggies over with the metal tongs. Another quick sprinkle of sea salt. Close the lid for another 4-8 minutes. Remove from grill when they are cooked to your liking. The veggies will continue to cook a bit after removing from the heat.
this recipe is for a gas grill
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 128.7 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Grilled veggies, how to grill veggies, how to grill vegetables, grilled vegetables, grilled vegetable recipe