- 3 ripe, delicious smelling peaches, halved
- 6 oz baby arugula (or other favorite green)
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese, or fresh mini mozzarella balls
- ¼ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 10 basil leaves, cut into ribbons. Purple basil is pretty.
White Balsamic Vinaigrette
Mix the vinaigrette together in a small bowl or jar.
Wash peaches, rubbing the fuzz off with your fingers under running water ( or uses a dry towel). Half the peaches, scoop out the seeds and brush with a little olive oil. Grill for 4-6 minutes over medium heat uncovered until they have noticeable grill marks. Using a metal spatula gently turn over and grill one more minute. Try to keep peach in tact. Cut peaches into wedges.
Toss greens, onions, basil leaves, slivered almonds and goat cheese in a medium bowl with some of the vinaigrette.. You may have some leftover. Place the grilled peaches on top, sprinkle witih optional nasturshim petals.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minute Total time: 20 minutes
Grilling the peaches is optional. If peaches are very juicy and ripe, no need to grill.
Keywords: peach salad, peach salad recipes, peach arugula salad, peach arugula goat cheese salad, peach almond salad