Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Peach Skewers, a delicious summertime meal that is full of flavor!
- 2 lbs chicken (boneless, skinless breast or thigh)
- 3 peaches, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- handful of cilantro for garnish
- 1/8 cup olive oil ( or vegetable)
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice, more for squeezing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 T fresh chopped ginger
- 1– 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, habaneros, or jalapeños , chopped in half
- 3 scallions or 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves ( or 1/2 T dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Soak the skewers. Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks and place in a bowl.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in the blender, and blend until relatively smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Let sit 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. ( The longer your marinate, the spicier they will become.)
- Pre heat the grill to medium high.
- Slice the peaches, and onions into ¾ inch thick wedges.
- Using gloves, skewer the chicken, peaches and onion. The marinade will naturally get on the peaches which is a good thing.
- Grill until all sides are nicely seared with grill marks. Turn heat down to LOW, place on a piece of heavy duty foil, folding up the edges to catch the drippings, and close the lid, letting chicken cook all the way through, until done.
- Place on a platter, squeeze with lime, and garnish with lime or orange slices and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy with a big salad.
You may need a pair of kitchen gloves ( marinade is spicy) for sensitive hands
12 pre-soaked wood skewers
Keywords: jerk chicken skewers, chicken and peach skewers, jerk chicken recipe, the best jerk chicken, jamaican jerk chicken marinade,