Perfectly tender smoky Grilled Eggplant with fresh Greek relish and creamy polenta. An easy and healthy meatless dinner. Vegan adaptable and gluten-free.
Fresh Greek Relish
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped about 1 medium
- 1 cup cucumber, about 1 small
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- optional- 3-6 oz feta(sheep feta is preferred)
- Boil water with salt.
- Slowly add polenta while whisking. Stir until slightly thickening and fully incorporated.
- Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring 2-3 times.
- Once polenta has softened, stir in butter or olive oil.
Make the Greek relish:
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Heat the grill to full high heat.
- Brush eggplant with olive oil.
- Turn grill to medium heat and place eggplant on the grill. Close lid for 3- 4 minutes. Flip eggplant over and close lid again for another 3-4 minutes.
- The eggplant will continue to soften once removed from the heat. You can stack them on top of each other, covered with foil, to continue to cook and soften.
Divide polenta among 4 bowls, then top with grilled eggplant and the fresh Greek relish.
Keywords: Grilled eggplant, grilled eggplant recipe, grilled eggplant vegan, how to grill eggplant, eggplant steaks, vegan grilled eggpant,