Grilled Mexican Corn on the Cob with Chipotle-Lime Butter.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter ( or soy butter or olive oil– see note)
- 1–2 chipotle peppers ( I used two, plus a little “juice” from the can) –This ended up being 3 out of 5 stars. A nice slow-burning spicy.
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste ( you could try smoked salt)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional, but tasty)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Zest of 1 lime – save lime for squeezing on after
- cracked pepper
- 8 Ears of Corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro as fresh garnish
- Preheat grill to Med High
- In a food processor, add chipotle peppers, salt, cinnamon, cumin, lime zest ( reserving juice for later), black pepper. Pulse ingredients, scrape sides down, pulse again. Add butter and pulse until combined. It doesn’t have to be smooth, leave flecks of chipotle pepper and zest. Set Aside. You can do this ahead and keep in your fridge up to a week.
- (If you don’t have a food processor…mince the peppers and zest and place in a small bowl with the other ingredients) Stir in the butter.
- Remove husks and strings off of corn.
- Place on a greased hot grill, rotate a quarter, every two-three minutes until each side is grilled. (8 mins). A little charring gives a good flavor.
- When done, lavishly spread the Chipotle Lime butter on all sides.
- Squeeze with lime, and sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Serve warm or at room temp.
- Calories: 235
Keywords: gilled Mexican corn. Mexican grilled corn, grilled corn, how to grill corn, corn on the cob, chipotle butter,