Grilled Dijon Chicken Skewers with leeks, potatoes and Rosemary. A delicious, healthy meal perfect for summer nights on the patio!
- Soak Skewers in hot water for 30 minutes. Blanch potatoes in a pot of salted simmering water, until fork tender, for about 15 minutes ( depending on the size). Drain.
- Cut leeks into disks about ¾ inch thick and set leeks in a saute pan with ½ inch of water (coming up half way up the sides of the leeks) bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer on low for 5 minutes, until tender, and vibrant green. Drain, carefully, so they stay intact.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and generously salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix mustard, oil, minced garlic and rosemary, salt and pepper until incorporated.
- Preheat grill to med high. Assemble Skewers- place chicken, potato, leek ( through the side, not middle) a lemon slice folded in half, and repeat, chicken, potato, leek and finish with chicken on the end. Should have enough to make 8 skewers total. Brush each sewer with the dijon marinade on all sides, using up all the marinade.
- On medium high grill , grease with spray oil, and place skewers on the grill. Cover and let cook about 4 minutes, or until there are good grill marks. Turn over. Turn heat to medium, cover and cook 4 more minutes. Rotate and grill the other two sides of the chicken, for a few minutes. Turn heat off and let chicken rest on the grill, covered, allowing it to continue to cook through until its done, about 5 minutes. Place on a platter and scatter lemon slices and rosemary sprigs around.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 265
Keywords: dijon chicken recipes, grilled chicken skewers, grilled dijon chicken recipe, grilled leeks, grilled potatoes