- 2 pieces of Mexican Grilled Chipotle Chicken (or Sub MEXICAN TOFU)
- 1 ear corn, shucked
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 4–6 scallions, whole
- olive oil for brushing
- 1 –1.5 cups cooked quinoa ( or use this Everyday Quinoa Recipe -it’s good here!)
- 2–3 cups arugula (or other baby green)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- optional garnishes: queso fresco cheese, lime wedges
Chipotle Lime Dressing:
Pre-heat grill to medium high.
Grill the chicken according to directions. (Click the link).
Brush the red bell pepper halves, ear of corn and scallions with olive oil ( or use olive oil spray) and grill until tender and grill marks appear, about 5-8 minutes. Alternately, bake the tofu, following those instructions).
Cut the kernels off the corn, slice the bell pepper, slice the avocado, cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
Slice the chicken if using.
Make the dressing by whisking all together in a small bowl.
Assemble the bowls. Divide and layer the quinoa and arugula, then arrange the grilled chicken ( or tofu) grilled corn, grilled peppers, sliced avocado and tomatoes around the bowl.
Top with cilantro and any of the other garnishes you like.
Spoon the Chipotle Lime dressing over top (you may not need all).
Enjoy these immediately or pack this away for a delicious take-away meal on the go!!!
Keywords: Grilled Chicken Salad, Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe, Mexican Chicken Salad, Chicken Salad with Quinoa, Healthy Chicken Salad,