Grilled Artichokes and Polenta with blistered tomatoes, pesto, capers and fresh basil -served family style! An easy healthy rustic meal, perfect for summer nights on the patio! Vegan and GF
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T vinegar
- generous pinch salt and pepper
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ C burrata cheese ( or goat cheese) optional
- few basil leaves
- An easy way to do this is to prepare the polenta and blanch the artichokes a day ahead. Then before serving just, fire up the grill, and its done in 15 minutes!
- To blanch artichokes- place artichokes in a pot full of water, with 1 T salt and juice on one lemon ( leave the lemon halves in the water). Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 45 minutes. Drain and chill. Once chilled, slice in half, scoop our fuzzy thistles with a spoon, and cut in half again. You will have 8 quarters. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, gently toss to coat.
- To make polenta- Bring 3 ½ Cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Add salt, pepper, granulated garlic. Gradually add polenta, whisking constantly. Turn heat to low, cover and cook until done. If using Coavita brands instant version, this will take 5 minutes. If using a noon instant brand, this may take 20 minutes, so read the directions on the box. Once polenta has cooked and thickened, whisk in olive oil and fresh sage ( or basil). Spread on a greased baking dish, smoothing out with a flat bottom metal spatula, coated in olive oil, to ¾ inch thickness. Refrigerate, until firm and chilled over night or for at least two hours. Cut into squares, triangles or rounds.
- Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil and salt.
- Pre heat grill to medium high.
- Grill polenta, until grill marks appear, closing lid. Flip over and grill the other side. Place on a platter. Grill artichokes on all sides, until slightly charred and heated through. Place around polenta. Char the cherry tomatoes until thy blister slightly. Arrange them around polenta and artichokes. Drizzle with pesto, scattter capers and basil leaves around the top. Add dollops of burratta cheeese ( or goat cheese) for extra richness. Enjoy!
- Calories: 485
Keywords: grilled artichokes, grilled artichoke recipes, grilled polenta, how to grill artichokes, grilling artichokes,