Green beans with Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette, a simple, delicious side dish that will enhance almost any meal. Vegan and Gluten-free.
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped small (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, stem end snapped off
- fresh basil, mint and chives for garnish (optional)
- Start by whisking up the dressing. It a bowl add toasted walnuts, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, dijon, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle in olive oil whisking all the while.
- Heat up a skillet to medium-high heat, when good and hot add green beans to the pan, dry-no oil. Leave undisturbed for 2 minutes. Stir around and leave for another few minutes, repeat until beans start to lightly blister but are still crisp, about 6 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water cover with the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Place on a serving dish and drizzle with vinaigrette (you will have some left over). Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped basil, mint and chives.
Toast walnuts in the oven (a toaster oven or air fryer works great here) 325 degrees F for 5-8 minutes. Watch carefully if they get too dark they can become bitter.
You will most likely have vinaigrette left over. Use the extras at another meal for salads, grains, and veggies.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 112.7 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Sauteed Green Beans, Dry-fried green beans, Walnut Vinaigrette, vegan green bean recipe, easy green beans