An easy recipe for fresh Strawberry Margaritas using ripe, juicy, in-season strawberries! These blended Strawberry Margaritas are light and refreshing and go down a little too easy! Naturally sweetened, nicely balanced with the best flavor!
- 2–3 cups strawberries (10-12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup good tequila ( light-colored is better here)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (or triple sec)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple or agave
- 3 cups ice
Make a sugar rim if you like, rubbing the rim with the spent lime halves, and dipping in sugar.
- Blend strawberries, tequila, orange liqueur, lime and honey until smooth. (You could do this ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve.)
- Add ice and blend until smooth and slushy-like. Pour into 2-3 glasses.
- Drink immediately.
I love adding basil leaves to this, but was out and didn’t want to make a special trip to store. Cilantro or mint could be nice too. A squeeze of orange juice is also tasty. Play around and have fun with it.
Of course if you want it more boozy, or less boozy, adjust to taste. I’ve found that equal parts lime juice and sweetener are the perfect balance. Do as you like.
Keywords: strawberry margarita, blended strawberry margarita, best strawberry margarita recipe