Soak large beans in triple the water, 8-24 hours (pinto, corona, lima, red beans, cannellini, etc).
Smaller beans like black beans, small white beans, don’t necessarily need to be soaked but will help to remove lectins and perhaps ease digestion. If your beans are older, I do recommend soaking for more EVEN cooking.
Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the bean. Plan on 25-40 minutes pressure cooking time for most beans. Here is a rough guide:
- Unsoaked Black beans- 25 minutes
- Unsoaked white beans- 25 – 30 minutes
- Unsoaked Navy beans- 25 to 30 minutes
- Soaked Pinto beans- 25 minutes
- Soaked Cannellini beans-25-30 minutes
- Soaked Chickpeas – 25-30 minutes
- Soaked Kidney beans-30 minutes