Looking for a light and healthy summer salad? This quick & easy Cucumber Tomato Salad is fresh and light, made with vine-ripe tomatoes and juicy cucumbers, slivers of red onion, and fresh dill, tossed in a red-wine vinaigrette. Vegan.
- 1 small red onion or about 3/4 cup, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (good quality extra virgin)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 English cucumber, about 2 1/2 cups, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2–3 small tomatoes, 2 1/2 cups, cut into bite-sized pieces (or sub cherry tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together the red onion with red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let this sit at least 5 minutes while you chop the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl- tomatoes, cucumbers, and dill.
- Mix and serve.
Thin-skinned, seedless cucumbers make this super easy, no need to peel.
The Salad can be made a few hours before (wait to add dill) and refrigerated. Add dill right before serving.
Leftovers will keep up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 147.3 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 6.6 mg
Keywords: cucumber tomato salad, cucumber and tomato salad, tomato cucumber salad, cucumber and tomatoes salad recipe,