Celeriac Soup – A healthy lightened up Celery Root and Fennel Soup, creamy and luscious! Vegan adaptable!
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and diced ( about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 white onion-diced ( 1 cup)
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 grapefruit-sized celeriac- peeled and diced ( about 4–5 cups)
- 8 cups Chicken or Veggie stock
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup creme fraise or sour cream for garnish ( optional)
Parsley oil -for garnish- ( optional)
- 1 cup packed Italian parsley ( stems ok)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large heavy bottom pot, saute diced onion in 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil, over medium high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add fennel. Turn heat to medium-low and saute until fennel begins to caramelize, stirring occasionally about 12 minutes. Add celeriac, pepper and 8 cups chicken stock.
- Turn heat to high, bring to a simmer, lower heat, cover, and continue simmering until celeriac is very tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend until smooth -in batches, only filling blender 1/2 full. (Remember when blending any hot liquid, cover the blender lid firmly with a kitchen town, and only fill blender 1/2 full, and start on the lowest speed, to prevent a blender explosion.)
- Return to the pot. Warm before serving and adjust salt.
- Garnish with a swirl of creme fraise or sour cream (optional) and a little drizzle of parsley oil.
- Pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor until combined.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 275
- Saturated Fat:
- Trans Fat:
Keywords: celeriac soup, fennel soup, celery root soup, celeriac recipes, celery soup,