- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced in 1/2 moons
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped small
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef paste (better than boullion paste, or two bouillon cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 rutabaga, about 1 cup cubed
- 1 medium potato, about 1 cup cubed
- 1 large carrot, about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1/2 cabbage head cut in large chunks
- 1/4 cup pearled farro
- 2 cups shredded corned beef
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
Sauté leeks, garlic and celery in olive oil in a soup pot for 5 minutes until softened.
Add water, beef boullion, salt, pepper, and dijon mustard stirring to incorporate. Put in rutabagas, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and farro simmer 30-40 minutes covered until vegetables are tender and farro is cooked.
Add shredded corned beef and apple cider vinegar. Cook for another 5 minutes to heat meat thoroughly.
Add fresh dill just before serving.
Adjust salt to taste in the soup, we’ve kept the sodium low in the soup body as the corned beef is salted.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 10.4 g
- Sodium: 1645.5 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.4 g
- Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 17.3 g
- Cholesterol: 37.7 mg
Keywords: Irish Stew, Corned Beef stew, Corned beef and cabbage stew, corned beef soup,