A simple tasty snack made with pumpkin seeds, coconut, lime and honey. Gluten Free!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds– soaked in water over night
- 1 cup flaked coconut ( unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional additions- chia seeds, spices like cayenne, chile powder, turmeric
- Soak pumpkin seeds in a bowl of water on the counter, overnight, or for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Strain pumpkin seeds and lay on kitchen towel, and pat mostly dry.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add coconut flakes and salt. Stir.
- Heat honey, lime and coconut oil in a small sauce pan, until just warm, stir to combine.
- Pour over the pumpkin seed mixture and gently mixed.
- Add seeds or spices to taste.
- Spread out on a parchment lined sheet pan to about ½ inch thick – press down very well and neaten edges. I use the back of a metal spatula. Or use hands over another piece of parchment.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, checking halfway through.Turn heat off.
- Let this cool in the oven overnight, or until completely cool, 3-4 hours.
- It will set and harden.
- Break apart, store in an air tight container.