- 5 oz butter- room temp (141 grams)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons flour (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder ( 50 grams)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp ( 1 1/2 large eggs) eggs ( 75 grams)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt ( .4 grams)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar (162 grams)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste (1.5 grams) or sub 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (112 grams)
- powered sugar for dusting
- Place the flour, sifted cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl and whisk.
Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla in a stand mixer and whisk on med-low speed, scraping down sides and bottom of the bowl. With the mixer running, alternating between the two, add the butter and flour in 3 additions. Then mix to combine well, scraping the bowl as necessary.
- Remove the bowl, fold in chocolate chips. Let sit in a cool spot ( not the refrigerator) for 2 hours. The batter can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to two days, but make sure to let sit at room temp for two hours before filling the molds.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Using a pastry bag or spoon, fill the bouchon mold, stopping just below the rim.
- Bake for 12 minutes in a convection oven, or 16 minutes ins a standard oven. Remove mold from the oven and let stand 10 minutes(so that they will hold their shape), then unmold the bouchons on a cooling rack, turn right side up and let cool completely.
- Dust the tops with powdered sugar.
Tips: He recommends using the convection setting on your oven, valrhona cocoa powder, a Pastry bag and a bouchon mold.
- Calories: 289
Keywords: how to make bouchons, bouchon recipe, what are bouchons, chocolate bouchons, chocolate bouchon recipe