Chewy Triple Ginger Cookies, with three kinds of ginger- ground ginger, fresh raw ginger and candied ginger!
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, butter or use olive oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated finely
- 1 1/4 cups crystallized or candied ginger (6 ounces) – chopped small (or use food processor and pulse)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Turbinado sugar ( sugar in the raw) for rolling the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices ( cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, white pepper) and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the brown sugar, melted butter ( or oil), and molasses on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides. Beat another 2-3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low speed, add the egg, and beat for 1 minute.
- Add freshly grated ginger and candied ginger, scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure all is incorporated. Beat for another couple of minutes.
- With the mixer still on low, gradually add the flour to the bowl and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. The mixture will be quite firm but should incorporate all the flour.
- Either roll dough into 1 1/2-inch ball and then flatten them lightly with your fingers coating them with turbinado sugar, and place on parchment-lined sheet pans. (Or alternately, roll into an l ½ diameter log, wrap in parchment and refrigerate, unit firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Slice off equal-sized disks. Roll in raw sugar.)
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will be crackled on the top and soft inside. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Calories: 125
Keywords: ginger cookie, triple ginger cooky, spicy ginger cookie, chewy ginger cookie, ginger molasses cookie