A flavorful Spanish Style recipe for sauteed spinach with golden raisins and pine nuts. Use spinach, chard, beet tops or baby kale, or a mix.
- ½ onion, thinly sliced ( about 3/4 cup)
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ an apple, diced
- 4–6 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- ¼ Cup golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 Cup hard cider, sherry or white wine
- 5 Cups packed greens- spinach, chard, beet tops, kale- chopped
- salt to taste
- pinch of sugar, nutmeg and white pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom big pot or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add sliced onion and stir until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add apple, saute 3-4 minutes, add garlic, saute a few more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add raisins, hard cider and greens, turn heat to medium-low, cover and let cook 5 minutes.
- Give a stir, and continue cooking until desired tenderness. Spinach will cook much faster than chard, kale or beet tops. One tender, season.
- Add a pinch of salt, sugar, nutmeg and white pepper
Keywords: sautéed spinach, saute greens, wilted spinach recipe,