Bucatini Pasta with Arugula Pesto and Heirloom Tomatoes. A fast and flavorful weeknight dinner recipe. This Healthy pasta is Vegan!
- 16 ounces Bucatini Pasta ( or use linguini, spaghetti, etc)
- ½ cup smoked almonds ( they usually come in a can)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups basil leaves, packed
- 2 cups arugula, packed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Garnish with: mini heirloom tomatoes ( sliced in half), grated romano cheese ( optional) lemon zest… SEE NOTES!
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Make the pesto. In a food processor, place garlic, and almonds. Pulse 4-5 times. Add basil, arugula and pulse a few more times. Add oil, lemon, salt and pepper. Process until combined, but not too smooth, a little texture is good here.
- Toss with drained warm pasta.
- Garnish with: mini heirloom tomatoes ( sliced in half), grated romano cheese ( optional) and a little lemon zest, fresh arugula leaves.
- NOTES: The pesto will taste salty and slightly bitter on its own. Don’t worry. Once it mixes with the pasta, it will all balance out to perfection. The pasta will soak up some of the salt. 🙂
- If you want this extra smokey, add small diced pieces of smoked cheese to the pesto (like smoked cheddar or smoked gouda).
Keywords: bucatini, bucatini pasta, bucatini recipe, bucatini pasta recipe, bucatini with pesto, bucatini vegan, arugula pesto, arugula almond pesto