Creamy Vegan Broccoli Salad is so good, you won’t even realize it is vegan! Tossed in a creamy Hemp Dressing- it is easy, healthy and full of flavor! Vegan and Keto!
Herby Creamy Hemp Dressing:
- 1 cup hemp seeds (or sub 1/2 cup cashews)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice ( 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar (or other pale vinegar)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but tasty!)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley ( or dill or basil, or a combo- and chives are nice too)
- 8 ounces chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely sliced or diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced and quartered radishes (watermelon radishes are pretty)
- 1 cup sliced (or matchstick) salad turnips ( or sub sliced Turkish cucumber)
- Make the dressing: Place dressing ingredients (except parsly) in a blender and blend until very smooth. If you need a tablespoon more of water to get the blender going- so be it. Add the Parsley. Blend until chopped. Place in the fridge -this is best chilled. You can make this ahead, will last 3-4 days refrigerated. See notes below for cashews.
- Make the salad: Finely chop the broccoli and place in a large bowl -you should have about 4 cups. (Broccoli stems are ok, as long as they are finely chopped.) Add the cabbage, radishes, onion, turnips.
- Add most of the dressing (you will not need all- BUT at the same time, you want this really creamy and coated very generously!) Season the salad with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving sprinkle with hemp or sunflower seeds, add sprouts, parsley leaves and avocado if you like.
Salad will keep 2-3 days in the fridge ( without the avocado).
THE DRESSING WILL MAKE MORE THAN YOU NEED for the salad, but I doubled it here so it blends more easily in a blender.
CASHEW SUB: If subbing cashews, blend cashews and water first until creamy. Then add remaining ingredeints. This works best with a high-speed blender. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I recommend soaking the cashews in water ( for 4 hours) so they soften.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Fat: 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy broccoli salad, vegan broccoli salad, Keto broccoli salad, farmers market salad, creamy broccoli salad, best broccoli salad recipe