This comforting easy Broccoli Chicken Orzo “Casserole” is full of delicious Mediterranean flavor! A fast and healthy skillet dinner that is flavorful and satisfying. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 2–4 chicken breasts (8–10 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, depending on your spice preference
- 1/2 lb broccoli, chopped small
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about 1 lemons worth)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (more for topping if desired)
- 2 cups chicken broth, heated
- 6 thin lemon slices
- fresh dill for garnish
- Set oven to 375 F degrees.
- Sear chicken in a preheated cast-iron skillet with 1 teaspoon of oil on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side, and beautifully golden.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Let the pan cool for a minute or two. Stir in the minced garlic, remaining olive oil and chili flakes into the pan, saute’ 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add broccoli, stirring just to coat with garlic mixture for about another minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the orzo pasta, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and feta to the pan with broccoli mixture, stir to combine.
- Pour hot chicken broth into the pan over the broccoli orzo mixture. Place seared chicken breast on top.
- Cover the pan with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test chicken with a thermometer, it should register 165 degrees. If needed put back in the oven for another few minutes.
Garnish with fresh dill, feta cheese, and lemon slices.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 12.3 g
- Sodium: 1014.3 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.5 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 41.6 g
- Cholesterol: 122.6 mg
Keywords: broccoli chicken bake, broccoli Chicken casserole, broccoli chicken orzo bake, Baked orzo with chicken,