- 5 ounces baby arugula (or spinach)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1–2 cups fresh blackberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼–1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (or sub maple pecans)
- ¼ cup basil leaves- torn ( purple basil is pretty here!)
- optional: 1 tablespoon fresh chive or onion blossoms
- Make the dressing- whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, place arugula, basil and onions. Toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat ( you may not need all). Feel free to add the remaining ingredients and toss or plate individual portions.
- If plating: place the dressed greens onto plates. Top with blackberries, goat cheese, a few basil leaves, almonds and blossoms.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze- optional.
- Serve immediately!
Feel free to assemble the salad ahead, refrigerate and toss with the dressing right before serving.
Keywords: blackberry salad, blackberry arugula salad, blackberry basil salad