Here are our Best Cauliflower Recipes that are healthy, flavorful, and not boring! Whether you are looking for roasted cauliflower recipes, Indian cauliflower recipes, cauliflower soups, cauliflower salads, cauliflower side dishes or delicious cauliflower dinners -we’ve got something for you! (Whole Roasted Cauliflower)
- 1 whole extra large cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon zaatar spice
- 1 cup water
- Serve with Tahini Sauce or Green Tahini Sauce
- Garnish with fresh herbs – parsley, dill and or mint, and sprinkle with optional aleppo chili flakes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Trim the cauliflower – either cutting off the stem (easier) to create a flat base, or leaving it intact, trimming and slicing the bottom so it stands up straight ( like a tree trunk).
- Place it in an ovenproof skillet or dutch oven. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil all over the cauliflower, sprinkle with salt and Zaatar spice. Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake. Cover tightly with the lid or foil and bake for 25-45 minutes– depending on size – or until just tender when pierced with a knife. Smaller cauliflower heads may only take 25 minutes, larger ones can take up to 60.
- Uncover. Very carefully take the lid or foil off, minding the hot steam (it will burn!). Drizzle with a little more olive oil, place back in the oven for 30 minutes uncovered, perhaps rotating halfway through. At this point it should be deeply golden, but if not, continue roasting until it is… please no pale cauliflowers here!
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle more zaatar if you like, fresh herbs, and optional aleppo chili flakes, and either drizzle the tahini sauce over the whole thing right in the pan, or cut it up, like a cake, into wedges and serve the tahini sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Baking time will depend on size of the cauliflower.
- Serving Size: ¼ of a cauliflower with no tahini sauce
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 366.7 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cauliflower recipes, best cauliflower recipes, cauliflower recipes, healthy cauliflower recipes, vegan cauliflower recipes