Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Yogurt Dill Sauce -a simple, EASY sheet-pan dinner that comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- lemon zest from one lemon (divided)
- 1 – 1 1/4 lb salmon filet (or 4 smaller filets)
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain whole fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (use a garlic press)
- lemon zest (of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- squeeze of lemon to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
Optional Garnish: Lemon wedge, fresh dill,
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Trim the tough ends off the asparagus and toss in a bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Nestle the salmon in the among asparagus and drizzle generously with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sprinkle everything with 1/2 of the lemon zest (saving the remaining zest for the yogurt sauce).
- Place in the preheated 375F oven for 16-20 minutes, adjusting time, depending on the thickness of the salmon, and broiling for the last couple minutes if you like. (This piece was 1 ½ inch thick and took 16 minutes, plus 2 minutes to broil) for salmon cooked to medium. If cooking smaller salmon pieces, they may take less time, so check earlier and remove if needed, allowing asparagus to cook longer if necessary.
- While Salmon is baking, Make the Yogurt Dill Sauce: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and some cracked pepper if you like. Garlic flavor will mellow as it sits.
- Divide Salmon and asparagus among plates, top with a little yogurt dill sauce, and garnish with a sprig of dill if you like. Serve with a lemon wedge.
King Salmon is a nice option here because it has a higher oil content (verses sockeye) which means it won’t dry out as easily if overcooked.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 103.1 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 27.4 g
- Cholesterol: 56.1 mg
Keywords: baked salmon recipe, baked salmon, roasted salmon, salmon sauce, baked salmon with dill, baked salmon with asparagus, roasted salmon with dill sauce, yogurt dill sauce, baked salmon asparagus,