Baked Haddock with roasted tomatoes, fennel and thyme a simple, easy, healthy one-pot meal that can be made in 35 minutes! Gluten-free, Paleo, keto.
- 1 lb Haddock (or other white fish like cod, halibut, sable or bass)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic-minced
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 of a sweet onion- thinly sliced
- pinch salt and pepper
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb- very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs cherry, grape or baby heirloom tomatoes
- Garnish with Thyme Sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut fish into 6-8 pieces. In a medium bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and lemon zest. Toss with fish, set aside.
- In a lightly oiled baking dish, place onion slices on the bottom. Scatter sliced fennel over top. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice from ½ a lemon, and sprinkle with a generous 3 finger pinch of salt and pepper.Top with tomatoes.
- Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, giving a good shake, halfway through. Place the white fish overtop, nestling among the tomatoes. Drizzle any left over marinade over the fish and tomatoes. Place back in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes or until fish cooks to desired done-ness.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze with remaining ½ lemon, scatter with thyme and serve.
Leftovers will keep up to 3 days in the fridge. Fish can be marinated overnight.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 1020.2 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 21.1 g
- Cholesterol: 61.2 mg
Keywords: baked haddock, baked haddock recipes, haddock recipes, healthy haddock recipes