Celebrate spring with our 20 Favorite Asparagus Recipes! Asparagus is one of our most-loved spring veggies and has so much versatility in the kitchen! Serve it up as a healthy side dish, fold it into stir-fries and sautees, turn it into creamy asparagus soup, or a lovely sauce or a salad, or have it be the star of an elegant main dish. We’ll show you the best cooking methods: bake asparagus, stir-fry asparagus, saute asparagus, and grill asparagus, then use it in a myriad of ways. (Baked Asparagus)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Trim asparagus: Hold one spear of asparagus in your hand, and with your fingers snap off the rough end. Note where it naturally breaks. Use this as a guide to trim the remaining asparagus, laying it next to the others. Cut the remaining spears to match this length.
- Toss the trimmed asparagus in a bowl with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper.
- Lay spears out in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Roast until just tender (yet still vibrant green), about 15-25 minutes, depending on size and thickness, tossing halfway through.
- Once tender squeeze with lemon juice, and give a good toss. Taste for salt, adding more if needed.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with any of the optional garnishes.
Serve the roasted asparagus as a side dish, or cut and add to salads, pasta salads, etc.
- Serving Size: with 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 294.6 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: asparagus recipes, best asparagus recipes, roasted asparagus, baked asparagus recipes, best recipe for roasted asparagus, asparagus roasted