A simple Breakfast ( or dinner! ) of fresh asparagus, toast, poached eggs and a warm bacon vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, then cut in half ( so you have 3–4 inch pieces)
- olive oil to coat
- generous pinch salt, pepper
- lemon zest
- 4 eggs- poached
- 4 pieces of toast- toasted
- 400 F oven
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Place on a sheet pan and roast 12-15 minutes.
- While the asparagus is in the oven, poach the eggs, toast the bread and make the warm bacon vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette, sauté a quarter cup of finely diced shallot or onion in 3 tablespoons olive oil until tender. Add 1/3 C crumbled cooked bacon. Let it warm up for about 1 minute. Whisk in a teaspoon of whole grain mustard and a small splash of balsamic.
- When your asparagus is just tender, after about 12- 15 minutes in a 400F degree oven, pull it out.
- Lay the slices of bread on a plate. Place 4 pieces of asparagus in the same direction. You could use the ends for the bottom layer. Drizzle a little of your warm vinaigrette. Then place your second layer of asparagus, crosswise, tips all on the same side. Place your poached egg on top, garnish with more warm vinaigrette and lemon zest.
- Calories: 495
Keywords: poached eggs with asparagus, asparagus toast