Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata- aka “Spring Egg Puff” a simple, delicious vegetarian meal, perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner!
- 10 large Eggs
- ½ C Flour (or use GF flour blend)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Cups Cottage cheese (don’t use low fat- and feel free to sub part w/ goat cheese, feta or sour cream)
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 2 Cups grated jack cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, gruyere or a mix
- 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs- thyme, tarragon, basil, cilantro,
- 2 Cups chopped asparagus- leave the asparagus tips for the top.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Whip eggs until light and lemon colored.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder, and gradually whisk this into the eggs, a little at a time, beating with each addition.
- Stir in cottage cheese, butter, cheese and herbs.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish or equivalent. Place chopped asparagus (reserving the tips for the top) in the baking dish and pour egg mix over top. Scatter asparagus tips over the top and place in the middle of the oven. See notes for addtions.
- Bake until center puffs up and is firm, 45 mins -1 ¼ hours, depending on your baking dish.(Shallow glass baking dishes and cast-iron skillets cook the fastest. )
ADDITIONS: Feel free to add sautéed onion, shallots, garlic, leeks, sprinbk onions, spinach, mushrooms or peppers for added flavor. Or to just help clean out your fridge. 😉 Quick cooking veggies like asparagus and peas can be put in raw.
Mexican version: sauted onion, garlic, peppers, corn and cilantro. Oregano instead of thyme. 🙂
- Calories: 495
Keywords: asparagus frittata, baked frittata,