Aperol Spritz Recipe
How to make an Aperol Spritz! A refreshing summer cocktail served over ice perfect for hot summer nights!
- Author: Sylvia Fountaine
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: cocktail
- Method: poured
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3–4 ounces prosecco ( use a good quality brand)
- 1–2 ounces Aperol ( or sub a smaller, better brand of Amaro)
- Splash of club soda ( 1-2 ounces)
- Orange slices and mint
- other additions: frozen summer berries, mint or another fresh herb, a splash of bitters ( I like grapefruit)
- Fill a large wine glass with ice.
- Add 1/2 cup champagne or prosecco ( 4 ounces)
- Add 1/4 cup Aperol or equivalent (2 ounces)
- Add a splash or up to a 1/4 cup of club soda ( 2 ounces)
- Garnish with orange slices, frozen berries, mint. For extra bitter, add a dash of bitters.
The better the prosecco, the better the drink. Try other Amaros- you don’t have to stick with Aperol if you like more complexity!
To make this into a punch for a gathering, mix:
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 10-12 ounces of Aperol or Amaro
- 1 cup of soda
- Taste and adjust flavor, adding more Aperol or soda if you like.
- add oranges slices and mint springs.
- Add ice right before serving or on the side!
Keywords: Aperol Spritz, Aperol spritz recipe, recipe for aperol spritz, aperol spritz 321, what is an aperol spritz?, how to make an aperol spritz,