Acorn Squash w/ Farro Risotto and Radish Top Pesto
Farro Risotto with roasted acorn squash and Radish Top Pesto- a delicious vegetarian main course, perfect for fall! Sub arugula for the radish tops if need be!
- 2 C dry farro
- 4 C water or stock
- 3 T butter
- 4 T grated reggiano cheese
- 1 Cup stock
- 1 Acorn squash
- 1 T olive oil
- pinch salt, pepper and cayenne
- 1 C radish leaves packed ( or sub arugula)
- 2 Cloves garlic
- ⅓ C oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ C Parmesan
- ¼ C toasted almonds
- handful of bitter greens for garnish ( mizuna, arugula)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Slice acorn squash, into 4 rings, ¾ inch thick, remove seeds. Brush sides with olive oil, Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a dash cayenne, and bake on a baking sheet for 35 minutes.
- Bring farro, water ( or stock) and butter to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, cover, and simmer on low for 25 minutes, or until water has evaporated.
- Make the radish top pesto -pulse all ingredients -radish tops or arugula, garlic, oil, salt, lemon juice, Parmesan and toasted almonds– in a food processor until combined ( don’t blend too smooth, leave a little granular).
- Make the risotto- once farro is cooked, add 1 cup stock and simmer over medium heat, until warmed through, add cheese, stir, and adjust salt.
- To assemble, place an acorn squash ring on a plate, fill with risotto, top with pesto, and scatter bitter greens around the plate.
Keywords: farro risotto, farro recipes, farro risotto recipes