30 Fresh & Summer Dinner Ideas- perfect for hot summer evenings. Full of healthy veggies and lean proteins, these summer dinners are full of flavor! (Grilled Chipotle Chicken)
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts ( boneless, skinless)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers (canned) plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce ( juice from can)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt ( 1 teaspoon per pound)
Garnish: lime juice and cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place marinade ingredients in a food processor and process into a paste. Place the chicken and marinade in a ziplock bag and massage well to mix and coat all sides well. (Or brush all sides well with marinade and place in a container.) Marinate 20 mins or up to 3 days.
- Grill each side of chicken 6-7 minutes, or until good grill marks appear. Lower heat and move chicken to cooler side of the grill and continue to grill until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Let it rest 5-10 mins before serving and squeeze with lime. Sprinkle with optional cilantro.
See full recipe here!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 946.6 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
- Cholesterol: 142 mg
Keywords: summer dinner ideas, summer meals, summer recipes, summer recipes for the grill, fresh summer recipes, diabetic summer recipes, healthy summer recipes, best summer recipes, summer dinner recipes,