Warm marinated olives with lemon zest, rosemary, garlic, and almonds – a simple, delicious appetizer that is full of amazing flavor, that can be made very quickly and easily!
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5–10 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- optional: 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- optional: 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup Marcona almonds
- 2 cups Castelvetrano olives (or a variety)
- lemon zest from one lemon (thicker strands are better)
- pinch chili flakes, Aleppo chili, urfa biber or chili threads (optional)
- Warm oil over medium heat in a small heavy bottom pot or skillet.
- Add whole garlic cloves and turn heat to medium low, stirring occasionally until golden and fragrant.
- Add rosemary leaves and fennel seeds. Stir 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add cumin seeds, and cook another minute, stirring often.
- Add olives and almonds and sauté, stirring occasionally until both are warm, about 5-7 minutes. Add lemon zest. You can hold in a warm oven (150F) up to ½ hour, covered, until ready to serve.
- Garnish with lemon zest and chili threads.
Olives can be cooled, refrigerated, up to 4 days, and reheated.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 165.7 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: warm olives, marinated olives, olive appetizer, warmed olives, how to warm olives, what type of olive to use, castlevatrano olives, marcona almond recipes