One-bowl Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with hazelnuts and chocolate chips are lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and accented with fresh ginger. These cookies are healthy, delicious, gluten-free and can be made in 30 minutes!
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup, 154 grams coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups, 184 grams, oat flour
- 2 cups, 192 grams, almond flour (not almond meal!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a bowl combine softened (not melted) coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- To the wet mixture add almond flour, oat flour and sprinkle baking soda evenly over the top. Gently mix it all together. (Weigh ingredients for best results!). The dough is stiff.
- Add chocolate and nuts. Mix just to combine.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Scoop into 1-ounce balls onto a sheet pan. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 13-15 minutes. Allow to rest on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
The chocolate chips definitely give a boost in sweetness. If you omit them you may want to add another 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar.
Baked cookies freeze great!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8.7 g
- Sodium: 109.1 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pumpkin cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies,