A healthy Vegan Frittata stocked up with fresh herbs, leeks and asparagus, with a flavorful creamy chickpea flour filling. Simple to make and completely delicious!
- 2 leeks, about 1 1/2 cups, chopped in 1/4 inch half rounds
- 1/2 pound of asparagus, about 2 cups chopped in one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup or .5 oz each fresh tarragon, dill, basil and chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups raw chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered psyllium
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional for color)
fresh tomatoes for garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
In a bowl mix chopped parsley, cilantro, scallions, tarragon, dill, basil and chives. Add cooled asparagus mixture. Set aside.
Make the creamy filling: In a blender add water first, then chickpea flour, psyllium, hemp seeds, baking powder, sea salt, black pepper, miso, dijon, lemon juice, garlic, and turmeric. Blend until silky smooth.
Combine: Pour the blended filling into the greens, mix thoroughly and spread into an oiled 10 inch cast iron skillet (or baking pan). Place a few asparagus spears and tomato slices on top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees covered with foil for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more or until nicely puffed up in the center.
Optional: Broil for 3-5 minutes to lightly brown tomatoes and asparagus. (Watch carefully!).
Texture is best if frittata cools at least 30 minutes before slicing and is even better after an hour or two or the next day.
Frittata will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 224.5 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan frittata, vegan frittata recipe, vegan frittata chickpea, vegan frittata chickpea flour, best vegan frittata