Irresistible one-bowl Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies with crisp edges and soft centers. Here is the perfect vegan recipe for the traditional chocolate chip cookie you have been craving! Allow 1/2 hour chilling time!
- 1/2 cup, (8 tablespoons or 4 ounces) coconut oil , or vegan butter, softened -not melted!
- 3/4 cup, 165 grams, brown sugar (or mix together 3/4 cup white sugar + 1 teaspoon molasses) see notes
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk, such as canned coconut milk or a creamy vegan milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (188 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together softened vegan butter or coconut oil with the brown sugar, using a hand mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Add milk and vanilla, fully beat until fluffy.
- Move the sugar mixture to one side of the bowl and add flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl on the other side, give the dry ingredients a quick mix. Blend sugar mixture with flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, along with any other additions.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes minimum. This is really key! If you leave longer than an hour you may need to let it soften a few minutes in order to scoop onto the tray. (or better yet refrigerate or freeze the entire tray of scooped cookies before baking.)
- Scoop 1.5-ounce cookies (1 1/2-inch diameter ball) onto a baking tray. (It is important for the cookies to be cold going into the oven. If they have warmed up from scooping them or your kitchen is warm, slide the entire tray with the scooped cookies on it, back into the fridge or freezer for 5- 10 minutes.) Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F, middle rack, for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes. The cookies will be very soft fresh out of the oven but they will firm up.
- Store in an air-tight container after they are cooled.
Make your own brown sugar: 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon molasses to 1 cup granulated sugar, mix together with a fork or food processor. 1 teaspoon=light brown sugar. 1 tablespoon= dark brown sugar.
This method is best! If you have space in your fridge, scoop cookies onto the baking tray before refrigerating the dough. Refrigerate the tray with the scooped cookies, for 30 minutes. Place the cold tray directly into the preheated oven.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 94.2 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip cookies