Tomato Peach Gazpacho with Basil -a chilled summer soup that is cooling and refreshing and easy to whip up. Vegan-adaptable and Low calorie
- 2 large peaches (3–4 inches wide) save 1/4 cup for garnish
- 3 large tomatoes (same size as peaches) save 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1/3 of an English cucumber, about 1 1/2 cups– save 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 10 basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, or champagne vinegar (or Apple Cider vinegar)
- cracked pepper to taste
Quarter the peaches and tomatoes and set aside one wedge of each for your garnish.
Blend until relatively smooth. Taste. Adjust salt and vinegar to your liking, find your perfect balance. If too peachy add more tomato! It should be tomato forward with hints of peach.
Chill at least 2 hours.
While chilling, chop up the garnish ingredients as finely as possible. Chill as well.
To serve, ladle the cold gazpacho into a bowl, sprinkle with garnishes- a crescent shape is pretty, or create your own style. Drizzle with olive oil and add a dollop of burrata or ricotta. Scatter with torn basil leaves. Feel free to add croutons or serve with crusty bread.
Can be made ahead, left 24 hours to chill. Keeps 3-4 days in the fridge. I don’t recommend freezing.
- Serving Size: 1 ¼ cup
Keywords: Tomato Gazpacho, Tomato Peach Gazpacho , Peach gazpacho, Chilled soup recipe, Gazpacho recipe,