- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 banana
- juice of 1 orange (or sub the whole orange, or 1 cup pineapple)
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric root (or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 2 slices ginger ( 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (optional, for allergies, not vegan)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 2 cups ice ( please don’t leave out!!!)
Toast the coconut flakes in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden and fragrant. This is key.
To get smoothie to mound up like the photo, add 1/2 cup more ice.
Pour into a 16 ounce glass and top with toasted coconut.
The ice turns this from good, to heavenly. Trust me.
I’m sure frozen bananas would work too.
Keywords: vegan smoothie, coconut smoothie, turmeric smoothie, vegan smoothie recipes, toasted coconut smoothie