The Orange Blossom is a delightful and elegant cocktail made with orange blossom simple syrup, gin, citrus juice, with a champagne float. It’s the perfect drink to celebrate the New Year!
- 1–ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice, lemon juice, or Meyer lemon juice
- 3/4– 1 ounce orange blossom simple syrup (or see notes to make your own)
- optional: a few drops blood orange bitters (or orange bitters)
- 2–3 ounce sparkling wine- cava, prosecco, or sparkling rose
- Optional: sugar for rimming your glasses (Demerara sugar is pretty)
- Optional: dried citrus slices- tangerines, mandarins ( see notes)
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add gin, orange blossom simple syrup, a few drops bitters, and lime or lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Rim your favorite cocktail glass with sugar- use a citrus wedge to moisten the rim of the cocktail glass, then dip the glass into the sugar (place sugar on a small plate or shallow bowl).
- Pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Float with sparkling wine, and garnish using dried citrus slices, chrysanthemum, eucalyptus, rosemary, mint, or any edible flower or herbs.
- Dried citrus slices-Make these ahead- slice mandarines or tangerines into, 1/4 inch slices, place on a parchment-lined sheet pan, and place in the oven on the lowest setting, 150F-170F overnight for about 8 hours.
- Orange Blossom Simple Syrup- Mix equal parts honey (or sugar) and orange blossom water in a small pot, add some big slices of orange zest, and heat over low heat, just until combined. Cool. You can make this ahead.
- Tip: Make a tester. Taste, and adjust the simple syrup and citrus to your personal preference. You’ll need more simple syrup if using lime juice, and less if you use Meyer lemon.
- Make ahead/ Batching: Once you fine-tune your tester, you can make a big batch of the gin/ simple syrup/ citrus and bitters and refrigerate. To serve, divide among sugar-rimmed glasses and top with champagne.
- Serving Size: one cocktail
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 0.5 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: orange blossom cocktail, orange blossom syrup cocktail, the orange blossom