Homemade Tartar Sauce is easy to make with a few simple, fresh ingredients- we add capers, dill and fresh dill pickles – a creamy, tangy condiment perfect for salmon, fish or seafood! Vegan-adaptable!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or 1/4 cup mayo and 1/4 cup Greek yogurt for a lighter version)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustusrd
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 or 2 pinches cayenne pepper- optional
- 1 tablespoon capers, rough chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Optional additions: chopped sweet onion, garlic, chives, scallions, other herbs- basil, parsely, cilantro.
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine. Adjust lemon and salt to taste.
- Chill until ready to use.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 145.9 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 4.2 mg
Keywords: tarter sauce, tarter sauce origin, how to make tarter sauce, tarter sauce recipe, homemade tarter sauce, tarter sauce recipe with capers, easy tarter sauce, taster sauce recipe dill