Southwest Pasta Salad is so satisfying with just the right amount of zesty kick. Tender pasta, crunchy fresh veggies, corn, and black beans dressed with a delicious Chipotle Ranch Dressing. The perfect side dish for potlucks, cookouts, and BBQS.
- 2 cups (165 grams) dry pasta
- 2 cups corn (about 3 large ears of fresh corn) or use frozen, thawed.
- 15 ounces black beans, drain and rinse
- 1 bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- zest of 1 lime and lime juice to taste
Additional Ingredients: avocado, zucchini, Grilled Chicken, grilled shrimp, grilled tofu, grilled halloumi
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions using salted boiling water.
- Grill fresh husked corn on high heat, turning every 2-3 minutes until lightly charred. You can also do this in a skillet or grill pan on the stovetop. Cut the corn off the cob (a less messy way is to lay the cob perpendicular to the counter and slice thick slabs as you turn. Or use frozen corn that has been thoroughly thawed. (Fire roasted frozen corn is nice if available)
- In a bowl, stir together the cooked pasta, corn, black beans, bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, jalapeno, coriander, salt and lime zest, and 1 cup Chipotle Ranch Dressing.
- Add more chipotle powder, lime juice, and salt to taste. You want it zesty and flavorful! If making ahead, taste it right before serving, adjusting the seasoning.
Keep fresh sealed in the fridge for 3 days.
Additional Ingredients: Avocado (add just before serving), zucchini, black olives, grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, cotija cheese, feta or cubes of cheddar.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 325.8 mg
- Fat: 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 3.7 mg
Keywords: Southwest pasta salad, corn pasta salad, corn and black bean pasta salad, Mexican pasta salad