Baked Sheet Pan Ratatouille
A delicious simple Sheet Pan Ratatouille Recipe,that can be baked and made ahead and served up 3 different ways during the during the workweek.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Main, vegan, paleo, gluten free
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French
- 3 Japanese eggplant or one large eggplant
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 zucchini or summer squash
- 1 onion
- 12-14 garlic cloves, whole
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh herbs – thyme or rosemary or combination of both
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash balsamic vinegar
Optional Garnishes: Italian parsley or fresh basil ribbons, capers, chili flakes, olive oil
Serve with pasta, soft polenta, whole grains, or feel free to add beans, sausage, chicken.
Easy Creamy Polenta
- 1 cup corn meal
- 4 ½ cups water or stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- ½ cup grated cheese ( cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, goat cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and Place a piece of parchment on a large sheet pan (or use two pans if needed)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel eggplant if you want – or just remove some of the skin in long stripes. Or if you prefer, leave the skin on. Cut into ½ inch thick bite-sized pieces. Slice the bell pepper into ½ inch wide strips. Cut the tomatoes into 3/4 inch wedges. Slice the zucchini the long way and then slice into ½ inch thick half moons. Slice the onion into ¼-½ inch thick half moons.
- Spread out the veggies on the sheet pan in a single layer (you may need two sheet pans). Add whole garlic and herbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss, using enough oil to coat. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Roast in the hot oven for 20 minutes, mix, roast 20 more minutes, mix again. Turn heat down to 300 and roast 10-20 more minutes, or until tender and beginning to caramelize.
- Taste, adjust salt, and drizzle with a little splash of balsamic. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve over Creamy Polenta: Bring water or stock to a boil in a medium pot. Slowly add polenta while whisking vigorously. Cover and cook 15 minutes on low heat. Stir in butter and cheese. Salt and pepper generously. Heat the Ratatouille, adding more olive oil if you like.
Divide among bowls and place warm Ratatouille over top. Sprinkle with fresh basil or parsley.
To serve with pasta, cook pasta according to directions. Heat Ratatouille in a large skillet adding a little more olive oil and capers (optional). Stir in the cooked pasta, adjust salt. Sprinkle with grated pecorino (optional) and fresh herbs.
To serve over toast : Toast the bread, heat up the Ratatouille and poach an egg. Drizzle toast with a little olive oil, top with warm Ratatouille and poached egg. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh herbs.
Keywords: ratatouille, ratatouille recipe, ratatouille recipes, easy ratatouille recipe, baked ratatouille recipe, sheet pan ratatouille recipe,