Sauteed Zucchini Ribbons with lemon zest and chili flakes. A quick and simple side dish! Delicious with eggs for breakfast or grilled protein for dinner. Keep it vegan or jazz it up with cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 large cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes, adjust to taste
- 2–3 medium zucchini, ribboned with a peeler, about 1 pound of ribbons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
top with basil ribbons, cherry tomatoes, feta or pecorino and toasted nuts if desired!
- Saute’ garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute on medium heat until just softening.
- Add zucchini ribbons and cook 1-2 minutes more until just slightly wilted.
- Toss in zest and sea salt. Mix gently.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Optional garnish suggestions: basil, cherry tomatoes, feta, pecorino, pinenuts, or toasted nuts
Medium to small zucchini squash works best.
Slice zucchini with a vegetable peeler. Discard the middle as you get to the seedy part of the squash. Peel one side until you reach the seedy center, turn squash over and repeat peeling on all four “sides”. (The center breaks down faster and can get mushy. Save these parts for scrambles and stirfrys.)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: Zucchini Ribbons, sautéed zucchini recipe, sautéed zucchini with garlic and lemon, sautéed Zucchini Ribbons,