Roasted Butternut Squash with Black garlic and Miso
- 1 Small or Med Butternut Squash
- 4 large cloves fermented black garlic
- 1 tablespoon Miso paste
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Either peel and cube butternut squash into 1 inch cubes, or cut into 8 wedges, leaving skin on.
- In a small bowl, mash black garlic using a fork until it forms a thick paste. Add Miso, honey and oil and stir to combine.
- If cubing squash, place in a bowl along with the black garlic paste and toss to coat evenly. Spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet. If going with wedges, brush all sides liberally with the paste, using it all up, then place squash on a baking sheet, flesh side up. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place in the hot oven.
- Bake until fork tender ( 30-35 mins for diced cubes, 45mins to 1 hour for wedges.)
- Serve with fresh chopped cilantro or scallions.
- Calories: 150
Keywords: miso butternut squash, black garlic recipes, roasted butternut with black garlic