A simple recipe for Ras el Hanout – an aromatic blend of spices used in Moroccan cooking to season tangines, meats, vegetables and stews.
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional additions: dried damask rose petals, saffron, mace, lavender, ground fennel seeds
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl, and store in a sealed jar.
For an increased intensity of flavor, feel free to use whole spices, lightly toast in a dry skillet, let cool, then finely grind.
- Calories: 5
Keywords: ras el Hanout, how to make raw el hanout, ras el hanout recipe, recipe for ras el hanout,