Persian Walnut Salad with Cucumbers, Radishes, Mint, Dill, Cilantro and Parsley. Loaded up with fresh herbs this refreshing summer salad is the perfect side to summer grilling!
- 1 cup walnuts, lighted toasted
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced (use a mandolin) or sub halved cherry tomatoes when in season
- 5 Persian (or Turkish) cucumbers, thinly sliced ( or sub 1 large English cucumber)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped tarragon or chives
- 1/2– 1 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
Toast walnuts on a sheet pan, in a 350 F oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool.
It should have a refreshing lemony kick.
Feel free to make ahead, adding the dressing closer to serving time -so herbs stay nice and fresh looking. Always re-taste before serving, adjusting salt and lemon.
Keywords: Persian salad, persian walnut salad, herb salad, persian walnut salad recipe, walnut salad recipes, persian salad recipes