A healthy spruced-up version of classic Pea Salad tossed in a creamy Greek yogurt dressing with lots of fresh herbs and smoked cheddar cheese. Tangy, delicious and all made in one bowl in about 20 minutes! Vegetarian, Vegan adaptable.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or use vegan yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, about 2 stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes (or swap out other smoked hard cheese, or vegan cheese)
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon and parsley mixed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups peas, petite frozen and thawed (quick thaw by running cool water over the frozen peas in a colander) or use blanched fresh peas.
- Mix together yogurt, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne in a bowl.
- Add in diced onions, celery, cheese, tarragon, parsley, mint and peas.
- Mix thoroughly. Add more salt, pepper, cayenne and vinegar to taste if needed.
- Chill until ready to serve- this salad is best served cold!
Optional Ingredients: smoked salmon, hard-boiled eggs, vegan bacon or turkey bacon.
Leftovers keep for 3 days. The peas will be at their most vibrant when serving the same day you make it.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 181.3 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.5 mg
Keywords: pea salad, pea salad recipe, pea salad vegetarian, pea salad no bacon, pea salad no mayo,