- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 3 ripe ( semi-firm) nectarines
- 4 Turkish cucumbers (or use a small English cucumber)
- 1/8 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 –1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne, sherry, apple cider or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey or alternative sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Urfa Biber chili pepper ( optional)
Optional: tender greens or arugula, toasted nuts of choice.
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Slice nectarines into 1/2 inch thick slices. Slice cucumbers into thin rings. Arrange in a shallow bowl or on a platter over optional greens. Rinse and drain the onions and scatter about. Top with torn basil leaves and goat cheese crumbles.
Spoon dressing over top. Sprinkle with optional Urfa Biber.
Serve this on its own or over tender greens.
You can also toss the nectarines, cucumbers, basil and onions in a medium bowl with the dressing. It will be quite “juicy” so serve it over tender greens or arugula, and top with goat cheese.
This is a great place to use any light, fruit-infused vinegars- like raspberry vinegar, etc.
Keywords: nectarine salad, nectarine salad recipe, nectarine cucumber salad, nectarine recipes, nectarine and goats cheese salad, nectarine salad dressing